In addition to providing support to the Development Director, the internship is designed to provide a well-rounded hands-on educational experience in the world of fund development and non-profits.
Major Responsibilities and Duties include, but not limited to:
• Event Planning Assistant:
- Annual Fundraiser event planning and small donor cultivation event assistance.
-Event coordination may include management of catering, venue, permits, as well as soliciting and tracking potential sponsors, securing in kind donations such as wine, decorations, alcohol, gifts and manage ticket sales/registration.
• Assist in donor relations and outreach during project tours, appeals, or small events.
• Assist with setting up new FD programs, such as bequests.
• Internships are for college students or post college graduates.
• Must have viable transportation.
• Innovative, problem solver and self-motivated; Able to work independently.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis in Word and Excel.
• Interest and Experience in Event Planning and/or Fund Development.
• Ability to work flexible hours, minimum 12 hrs for 8 months.
• Access or understanding to Acrobat or Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus (not a requirement)
• Spanish a plus.