Second Chance is seeking a part-time Special Events Coordinator. The Special Events Coordinator reports to the Vice President, Advancement.
Seeking experienced, nonprofit professional with interest in creative, mission-driven special event planning, administration and logistics for up to eight events per year, which could include theater-style fundraising productions, galas, receptions, graduations, friendraisers, etc. Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. The Events Coordinator should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be a creative thinker, an enthusiastic professional, a problem solver, and be able to sustain relationships with internal and external partners.
• Direct experience with nonprofit fundraising events
• Proven track record in raising money from events.
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone.
• Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
• Strong customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for degree.
• Three years’ experience coordinating special events.
• Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, mail merges; email and web searches.
• Comfortable with event technology, such as special event donation software, ticketing software, etc.