Under supervision of the Events Coordinator, this position assists with a variety of services including but not limited to: event inventory management, event volunteer management, donation solicitations, event-day operations including set up, troubleshooting, and break down, and administrative tasks.
Professionalism, excellent writing skills, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and great interpersonal skills are a requirement. An ideal candidate will be well-organized with the ability to prioritize, multitask, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Working FACE’s two biggest fundraising events of the year is mandatory.
*Please note that this is an office position, and there is no direct animal contact/handling.
Schedule: Part time (15 hours per week). Compensation: $15.00/hour.
-High school diploma or GED required.
-Must support the Mission of the foundation and have a passion for animal welfare.
-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
-A successful candidate will be able to display patience and compassion when communicating with pet owners who are experiencing a crisis.
-Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
-Ability to follow through on projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
-Demonstrated ability to succeed with only general supervision, use discretion and independent thinking.
-Ability to work on weekends occasionally (event days).
• Assist FACE’s Event Coordinator with event inventory management including auction items, raffle items, and event supplies.
• Recruit, train and manage event volunteers.
• Solicit and confirm Gift-in-Kind donations and facilitate the delivery of these items as needed.
• Assist the Event Coordinator on event days with troubleshooting and operations.
• Assist with any other event related tasks as needed.
•Assist with daily administrative tasks in between events as needed.
•Occasional work on weekends manning FACE’s booth at street fairs and working FACE’s fundraising events in conjunction with other staff.
• Assist the Grant Coordinator with applications for assistance as needed.
• Misc. tasks as they arise.
Valid California driver’s license.
Ability to sit and work with a desk-top and/or lap-top computer.
Ability to set up and clean up event supplies.