Own all external Solana Center communications, working with our education, volunteer, fundraising, and program teams to share information about all of Solana Centerís activities. The role will have creative flexibility to establish style and tone for the organizationís communications. This is a highly visible position within the organization, working with all departments and requiring professionalism, excellent people skills, ability to think strategically, & extreme attention to detail. This role will manage our website & social media; all newsletters, eblasts, & other community communications; workshop & event marketing & promotion; donor communications; public relations; along with general marketing both in print and on the web.
Join our award-winning organization to help lead change for grassroots environmental action. Our dedicated team, through outreach and education initiatives, serves as a critical community resource for San Diego County on issues and practices surrounding soil, water, and zero waste. Solana Center is a non-profit organization and has worked with people of all ages to support local sustainability since 1983.
● Lead publication of our website, newsletters, blog, emails, letters, and social media
● Develop promotional materials and collateral as needed, including event announcements, signs, flyers and advertisements
● Proofread and edit outgoing documents, such as grants and proposals
● Promote scheduled events, workshops, and presentations
● Write press releases and handle all media outreach
● Foster relationships with communities throughout the San Diego region
● Exceptional communicator (written and oral)
● Extremely detail-oriented and comfortable working independently
● Experienced collaborator able to work with diverse groups including community partners, volunteers, and donors
● Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Google products and CRMs
● Excellent organizational skills
● Communications, PR, or Marketing experience preferred
● Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
● Basic photography and photo editing experience
● Experience working with non-profits and environmental education
This position is at-will, non-exempt, can be full-time or part-time and is paid $17/hour, according to the laws of the State of California. Hours are flexible and remote work is possible. Benefits are available for full-time employees. Solana Center for Environmental Innovation is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter/email, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org