Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Executes a portfolio of community-based events, with accountability for significant income targets, as well as event-related mission and advocacy activities. Ensures goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilizat
Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year related experience preferred, working within a multi-million dollar organization a plus.
Demonstrates Community Development Competencies:
• Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Attracts top talent - Attracts and selects the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
• Being resilient - Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• Builds networks - Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Drives engagement - Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
• Balances stakeholders - Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders.