The Chief Development Officer (CDO) will take ownership for most of our development functions, working closely with the VP of External Affairs and the President & CEO. The CDO will have major responsibility for our entire portfolio, including campaigns, individual giving, major gifts, planned giving, special events, foundation grants, corporate sponsorships and an annual fund. They will have latitude to develop new and existing funding streams, thereby diversifying the organization’s revenue base. This is a high-profile position, requiring attendance at events across the community, as well as public speaking. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships in the community to build San Ysidro Health’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. Under the new CDO’s leadership, it is expected that the amount raised will increase each year, as the CDO and the senior management team will systematically and effectively strengthen the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
• 7+ years of professional experience in nonprofit fundraising (full cycle).
• Complete end-to-end understanding of fundraising strategies, systems, and processes.
• Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred; Certificate in Fund Raising Management preferred.
• Experienced in constructing, articulating and implementing a strategic development plan.
• Prior direct responsibility for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts of $10,000 or more.
• Experience developing and managing budgets over $2M.
• Strong leadership skills to mentor and motivate development staff to reach development goals.
• A history of working directly with board members in support of fundraising efforts.
• Demonstrated success in building relationships for philanthropic purposes.
• An expert storyteller who can channel personal connection to San Ysidro Health’s mission.
• Practical marketing experience covering both print and digital/social media.
• Bilingual Spanish is very helpful.