Senior Community Centers is transforming the aging experience. We are San Diego’s leading provider of meals, health and wellness services, transitional and permanent supportive housing and lifelong learning opportunities for low-income seniors.
Development and Communications Associate
The Development and Communications Associate will perform a variety of administrative and development duties that support and contribute to the organization’s overall fundraising, marketing and communications efforts. This position reports to the Director, Annual Giving and External Relations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate the production of agency newsletter, including content decisions and writing articles.
• Create and update collateral material as needed.
• Update website content, ensuring consistency with other organization communications.
• Maintain photo and client story database.
• Process all donations and prepare acknowledgement letters.
• Update and correct existing database records; create records for new donors.
• Maintain donor files and update with correspondence and gift information.
• Conduct tours with donors and prospects to increase awareness of agency needs.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors and volunteers.
• Answer phones and provide giving and program information to callers.
• Assist with researching and writing grant proposals.
• Provide support to Development team, including Vice President of Development and Development Coordinator.
• General administrative tasks.
• Perform activities not listed above as assigned and be flexible to fill in when workload is heavy or team members are out of the office.