Working with and reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall operational responsibility for The Foundation for Senior Wellbeing’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The ED will be a self-directed entrepreneurial leader with a diverse skill set who is comfortable driving success in a dynamic environment. This position is considered part-time (25 hours per week, various hours including some nights and weekends).
Key result areas are:
• Fostering external relations
• Generating resources for the organization
• Board development
Areas of Responsibility
Philanthropy and External Relations
• Work with committee to develop and execute the annual development plan.
- Generate additional revenue through fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion.
- Ensure program excellence, manage staff and volunteers, develop budget, etc.
- Support board activity, assist in recruiting and retention, work with committees and coordinate communication
The ED will be passionately committed to The Foundation for Senior Wellbeing’s mission.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred and minimum 5 years of nonprofit leadership experience.
• Proven record of effectively leading performance-and outcomes-based organization and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to manage change while leading operational growth
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to lead high-performing teams of staff and volunteers.
• Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate board member relationships.
• Strong marketing, public relations, and outreach experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
• Keen understanding of how to create a culture of philanthropy and proven record of successful fundraising via diverse sources.
• Proven organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.