The Area Manager is responsible for managing and participating in the work of staff engaged in providing Head Start, Early Head Start, State Preschool, QPI and other educational child development services that enhance the MAAC CDP/Head Start’s mission and program functions, procedures and processes. The incumbent coordinates with program and MAAC supervisory and management staff; provides daily operational guidance and oversight to center directors and works with staff to ensure appropriate support for all CDP programs and functions as well as effective, efficient and safe working environments. The Area Manager is distinguished from other CDP Program Managers in that the latter class manages, supervises and integrates activities and programs of an assigned service area in education, social services, health services, disabilities/special needs, mental health and parent involvement.
Review the full job description and apply online at our website: https://maacproject.applytojob.com/app
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college or university in Child Development, Human Resources Management, or a closely related field
• Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible and successful management and/or supervisory experience in a child development leadership position
• A current CA Child Development Program Director permit
• Experience with State and Head Start programs management/development preferred
• Bilingual abilities (English/Spanish) desirable