Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is a highly-skilled nonprofit professional who represents GOTRSD to the public, leads organizational development and strategic planning, optimizes financial performance, oversees program delivery in the designated territory, builds donor relationships, and oversees personnel which includes a Program & Site Manager, 5k Coordinator, and Fundraising & Development Manager. The ED also develops organizational strategy, sound practices, and supportive relationships, both internally and externally, resulting in diverse, cooperative, and effective collaborations that further the mission of Girls on the Run San Diego.
The ED must possess a passion for, and commitment to, improving the lives and opportunities of all girls in third through eighth grades. The ED is responsible for the overall implementation of the GOTRi and development and execution of strategic directives developed in collaboration with the GOTRSD BOD.
• BA or BS degree and 5+ years of experience working in a professional environment, ideally with a background in non-profit management with a proven success in fundraising and program development.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead people
• Proven success in management and growth of a program or team, including mentorship of staff, delineation of responsibilities and delegation of work.
• Experience with Girls on the Run (or other similar youth or wellness programs).
• Passion for GOTR's mission
• Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to multi-task effectively.
• Strategic planning experience.
• Experience promoting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging across an organization.
• Experience developing/ managing a budget for a mid-sized organization.
• Knowledge of non-profit best practices, including experience in working closely with a board of directors.