FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION VISIT www.secondchanceprogram.org/careers
The Staff Accountant is a member of the Finance and Operations department. This position will be responsible for all accounting and financial aspects related to our sober living homes including reconciliations between multiple software systems, contract billings, and accounting functions. In addition, this position will have accounting functions assigned from our other entities including journal entries, invoice billing, reconciliations, and financial preparation. The Staff Accountant must be able to work collaboratively as part of a team including the Accounting staff, Housing staff, contract funders, and other Second Chance Staff.
-Maintain Rentec software to ensure proper accounting and reporting for items such as: monthly occupancy levels, rent due, print receipts of rent paid, input when individuals move in and move out of one of our houses, etc, by individual and house.
-Prepare monthly housing revenue reconciliations in conjunction with worksheets prepared by Housing staff members, contract billings, revenue deposits and QuickBooks financials.
-Complete bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
-Reconcile balance sheet accounts for all entities.
-Provide monthly financial reports from QuickBooks for Manager of Housing.
• Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience or equivalent
• Proven ability to perform detailed accounting work
• Must have excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and exercise personal and professional judgment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to implement agency vision, mission, values and strategic plan
• Proven ability to communicate and to work effectively with a diverse group of people as well as collaborative partners
• Well organized, detail and big picture oriented
• Strong writing, grammar and editing ability
• Flexible and able to respond to multiple demands
• Has experience in a nonprofit organization with government contracts