1. B.A. or B.S. Degree in social science field or education required.
2. Passing score on the CBEST (The California Basic Educational Skills Test) within 6 months of employment, if hired after December 1, 2007.
3. Demonstrated cultural responsiveness in working with diverse families and communities, and supportive responsiveness to youth who may have experienced trauma
4. Demonstrated understanding of the developmental milestones of the population served.
5. Demonstrated experience in academic coaching, teaching, or tutoring, preferably with youth with special needs.
6. Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
7. Basic computer and keyboarding competence with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and/or competency with electronic clinical documentation systems.
8. Clean driving record; current CA Driverís License or ability to obtain within 10 days after hired.