his position is responsible to carry out accounting processes, assist in the daily general activities of the accounting department, and maintain proper control and efficiency in accounting functions to support the mission of Interfaith Community Services. $16-$18 per hour DOE, Full-time, Benefits Eligible.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• 2+ years of accounting experience required
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
• Experience working in a social services or nonprofit setting preferred
• Experience with ADP payroll systems preferred
• Basic understanding of accounting principles and procedures
• Familiarity with government contract compliance
• Knowledge of payroll practices and regulations
• Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver's license, including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the agency's insurance carrier's standards
• Must successfully pass a criminal background and exclusion/disbarment check
• Must successfully pass a pre-employment physical, tuberculosis test, and drug screen
Requisition #1356: Please visit our careers webpage www.interfaithservices.org/careers to apply online today. Interfaith is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, pregnancy, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, nationality, sex, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Interfaith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.