About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1300 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world”.
Overlooking Mission Valley, two separate campuses serve students in Lower School – junior kindergarten through 5th grade; Middle School – 6th grade through 8th grade and Upper School – 9th grade through 12th grade. As a college preparatory school Parker offers a comprehensive program that includes twenty-five advanced placement courses as well as a rich palette of electives – all designed to meet the individual needs of our students.
Francis Parker School seeks a qualified Summer Program Photography Technician to provide support in Parker’s Photography course. This position requires a 6-week commitment (6/22/2020-7/31/2020), in addition to a mandatory training session on Saturday 6/6/2020 or 6/13/2020. Must be available for on-boarding no later than 6/1/2020.
• Support students and the lead instructor with digital and darkroom photography needs
• Supervise a group of children, promoting a positive environment that fosters fun, safety, and Parker values.
• Uphold, model and enforce summer program policies.
• Maintain safety and cleanliness standards.
• Follow Parker’s policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
• Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff.
• Familiarity with darkroom photography and Photoshop
• A background working with middle and high school students is preferred
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification required
This is an hourly seasonal position (Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am-12:30 pm), paying an hourly rate of $14/hour. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, creed, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
A cover letter, resume, and completed application should be submitted electronically to:
Erika Assadi (Chapa),
Director of Summer and Extended Day Programs
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line