This is a casual, grant-funded position with a grant renewal date of June 30, 2021, reviewed annually for renewal.
Rady Children’s Hospital – San Diego has implemented an innovative, new Primary Care – Mental Health Integration Program. The LCSW serves as an Integrated Health Therapist (IHT), a valued partner in total child well-being, based in the pediatrician’s office.
The IHT will conduct mental and behavioral health services, including diagnostic assessment, psychotherapy, and registry reviews. This role will provide education, connection to resources, talk therapy, problem solving, counseling, and crisis intervention.
The Social Worker applies principles of Social Work & other behavioral health practices to provide patients & families with assessment, interventions, support, advocacy, & case management as a primary provider & / or as ancillary support to the primary medical provider.
• Master's Degree in Social Work
• 2 years pediatric professional experience
• Licensure in the State of California as a Clinical Social Worker
• 4 years of experience
• Experience in assessment and treatment of children and adolescents
• Experience in trauma, bereavement, chronic illness, catastrophic diagnosis, family violence, child protection, and bio-ethical issues
• Experience working in an acute-care hospital setting
• Certification in Clinical Supervision in the State of California
• Knowledge of evidence-based practices utilized in clinical interventions