About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1300 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world”.
Overlooking Mission Valley, two separate campuses serve students in Lower School – junior kindergarten through 5th grade; Middle School – 6th grade through 8th grade and Upper School – 9th grade through 12th grade. As a college preparatory school Parker offers a comprehensive program that includes twenty-five advanced placement courses as well as a rich palette of electives – all designed to meet the individual needs of our students.
Francis Parker School seeks qualified Summer Program Aides to provide direct supervision and oversight in its afternoon camp program. This position requires a 6-week commitment (6/22/2020 – 7/31/2020), in addition to a mandatory training session on Saturday 6/6/2020 or 6/13/2020. Must be available for on-boarding no later than 6/1/2020.
• Supervise a group of children, promoting a positive environment that fosters fun, safety, and all Francis Parker School values.
• Uphold, model and enforce Summer Program policies and procedures.
• Maintain high safety and personal presentation standards.
• Follow Parker’s policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and assorted emergencies.
• Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff.
• High school graduate or equivalent; one year of college or more preferred.
• Previous experience working with children, specifically in an outdoor camp environment.
• Ability to lead and participate in all activities; no “sitting on the sidelines; a willingness to be a strong team player
• Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate leadership qualities
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification required
• Strong swimming skills and a high comfort level engaging in aquatic activities; Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
This is an hourly seasonal position (Working hours: Monday – Friday, 12:30 – 5:30 p.m.), paying a rate of $14/hour. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, creed, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
A cover letter, resume, and completed application should be submitted electronically to:
Erika Assadi (Chapa),
Director of Summer and Extended Day Programs
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line